Generalized itching, swelling and pain in leg, ankle, foot and toes

I have all over itching without any rash. well, I have somewhat rashy skin anyway, but not normally itchy. The itching happens off and on, generally a day and then gone. It has been itching for three or more days now. I have also had swelling and pain in my leg, anke, foot and toes on one leg. My granddauther had a rash in April, but it went away. My Daughter (who does not live with me) has had an off and on itchy rash that appears to be tied to an alergy.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Also I would like to know-

Itching is more during day or night?

Which parts of body are affected?

Have you applied new cosmetics/lotions/ clothes/ ornaments/soap ?

can you upload good photos of affected skin ( if there are any visible lesions)

Since when you have this problem?

Any fever/cough /sorethroat/systemic symptoms?

please answer the above questions to help you better.

Till then you can take tab.zyrtec twice daily for itching.

Anticipating your reply.

Follow-up: Generalized itching, swelling and pain in leg, ankle, foot and toes 6 minutes later
Hi, no visible rash so no photo sorry. The itching is more during the day, I sleep fine, but sometimes take a benedryl before bed. I started using a head and shoulders but after the itching started. I have had the itching on and off for a few months, but usually a day or so and then it's gone for awhile. the swelling of the foot just started in the last day or so. seems to swell in the evening after working all day so maybe unrelated. the itching started with my head but that seems better now and the rest of me itches, mostly shoulders and arms with a little on the back of my legs. I will try the Zyrtec.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi Again,

Thanks for the details.

Please take Tab Zyrtec twice daily.

You can apply soothing lotion like aloe vera lotion twice a day.

This should help. Itching should subside in 2-3 days.