General light-headiness, mild tingling sensations in hands, feet and legs. Fatigue and lack of energy. What to do?

I am currently exhibiting the following symptoms:

** General light-headiness and mild tingling sensations in my hands and feet. Also legs ache when I stand (they don't bother me when I run/walk).

** A slight and dull ache in my left shoulder blade that is intermittant.

** Overall fatigue and lack of energy.

The above symptoms have been more-or-less present the last 3-4 weeks

I have scheduled next week an appointment with my primary care doctor. I nonetheless wonder if there may something happening such a heart issue, which demands more meditate attention.

I do take a couple of blood pressure medications (10mg. Altace and 12.5 mg. of Hydrochlorothiazide) which maintain my blood pressure in the 120-125/80-85 range. My cholesterol is 165.

I live a moderate life style. I rarely eat red XXXXXXX I do not drink alcohol, and limit coffee to one cup per day. I drink 48 oz of water daily. I exercise regularly- weight training 4 times per week. So another thought is whether the tingling sensations and shoulder ache may be due to nerve damage caused by weight lifting. I also run 3-4 miles 5-6 times per week. I work full time, but not in a particularly stressful environment.

Last year during my check-up the doctor said all the blood and other lab work came back normal.

Again the question is to ask about a recommendation of how should I treat the above symptoms- as an emergency heart situation, or is it okay to wait for my appointment? I should add that I have no chest pain, shortness of breath etc.

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated. I neglected to mention, I do not smoke.

Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for the query. I do not think its urgent

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query. I do not think its an emergency. Your medical history permits you to wait. You might a simple clinical review and ECG and cardiac enzymes to exclude a cardiac emergency. Running for ions to exclude an ionic imbalance could be useful. Tingling could also rise from a nerve compression as you put it.
Be patient and consult your physician as planned except something extra ordinary happens. Thanks and kind regards.

bain LE, MD.