Gastroenteritis,hospitalized due to dehydration,vomiting,gurgling sound in stomach

Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

There are fair chances for some gastroenteritis caused by bacteria to recur, which could have suppressed due to the treatment and recur when the effects of treatment are gone.

I would ask you take your child to the pediatrician for getting examined and to be put on right treatment.Also try to get a stool culture and sensitivity test done so that the exact bacteria causing it is isolated and he is placed on right antibiotics this time.

On the other hand it could also be due to the ulcers or lesions left in the intestines due to previous infection which would have unmasked by some unknown triggers and present with above symptoms.Which could persist only for few days and stop on its own.But still i advice you to get him examined to be on safer side.

If its the infection this time yes, there are chances of spread to the younger kid.This happens through water, hence take care of the same.Use clean filtered water and avoid any type of contact between them until he is proved clean.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.