Gas and indigestion, headache, high BP. Taken revolol xl and felt uneasy, dry throat. How to recover from this?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
From last 4-5 days i am having gas problem and indigestion, along with headache, yesterday
i went to see a doctor she told me that my bp is high and gave me revolol xl. i took it before
going to bed and after 2-3hr i found that i am feeling uneasyness over my chest and neck
also had dry throat. i didnt sleep whole night due to fear that my heart will stop, all i felt
is thirst and pee whole night. please advise me what action need to be taken
thanks
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Gas and indigestion is usually caused by either gastritis and/or collitis

If you have burning pain in chest take some antacid and if need be apdd a cap of Rabeprazole

If you have loose stools add a probiotic and if need be add ofloxacillin

All the other symptoms appear stress related , manage your stress levels by mediatation and yoga

Regarding Revolol Xl a physician would be in a better position to reply, yet I would suggest recoerd your bp twice a day for five to seven days and even after that it remains high consult a physician and start medicines

My final word will be a word of reassurace

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get well soon

Follow-up: Gas and indigestion, headache, high BP. Taken revolol xl and felt uneasy, dry throat. How to recover from this? 1 hour later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for replying to my question. I am have also been prescribed Rabeprazole sodium Ec and domperidone maleate capsule, advised to take before food also domcet if have headaches.
My question is shall i continue with Revelol XL. I havent taken it Since morning. Also if you
could suggest me what kind of food i need to avoid.

Thanks
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 7 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your followup query

As mentioned in my previous reply :

Diet and Tips to avoid Hyperacidity :

Avoid spicy, fermented and fried meals,
Avoid aerated drinks
Avoid smoking or tobacco in any form
Avoid alcohol
Take lot of fluids daily
Exercise atleast five days a week
Take small frequent meals
If obese reduce weight
Manage your stress levels

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept this reply and rate it

Get Well Soon