Gallbladder removed, advanced disease, stone in bile duct, incisions, laproscopical surgery, intravenous valium, on lortab, fluid filled cyst behind scar, PCP

I am 58, 5'7" and 160 lbs /August 2009 I had open removal of my gallbladder due to advanced disease. April 2011 I had a marable sized stone in my bile duct before the surgery a procedure to see if the stone could be removed by stinting or a balloon wasn't possible, XXXXXXX was ran though my liver to insure there wasn't any more stones/disease going on there. I have two Incisions the look like a large chevron, because the surgeon was going to do the surgery laproscopically but couldn't due to my intestines had moved up over the area. I had spasms with the first surgery that a different surgeon controlled with intervenous valium. With the second surgery I was sent home wih Lortab 7.5 every 4 hours, but when I sent back to have the tube removed and the medication I was given to help the pain started wearing off I had severe spasms they were horrible. Now the question I have a fluid filled cyst behind the scar where the stone was removed, could this have been a result of the spasms and should I do something about it? I have an appointment with my PCP next week but would like to know your opinion also.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
A fluid filled cyst in the liver after calculus removal can be due to inflammation - post surgical or can be a cystic tumor suggestive of some liver disease.
The exact diagnosis can be made only after proper investigations like FNAC. Aspiration of fluid and its biochemical and pathological study will help in diagnosis.
Still the most likely cause is an inflammation only.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.