Gall bladder removed, gas, bloating, belly pain, fatigue. Awaited colonoscopy. Are thickened bowel walls through the sigmoid colon serious?

General Surgeon
Are thickened bowel walls at the sedum and at the splenic flexure through the sigmoid colon serious? A Ct revealed this. Getting a colonoscopy soon. Weight loss, don't want to eat, gall bladder removed yrs ago. I have, gas, bloating, hiccuping, constant pain all over belly, constant cramp up under my left rib, yellowy watery stoll w oil on top of toilet water this happens only every few months, very tired, restricted esaphagus as I get widened ea two months, spasms in colon and esaphagus
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Given your symptoms and the findings on the CT Scan, it is difficult to comment on how serious the lesion is. The cause of the symptoms could be related to anything from colon cancer. The best approach at this time is to get a colonoscopy done and any suspicious lesions should be biopsied. This would truly help us comment on the seriousness of the lesion.
After this evaluation has been done, a visit to a gastroenterologist would be mandated.
Hope this helps. I would be available for follow ups.