Full body check up done. What does the value suggest? Is there any problem?

i got my full body checkup done. I want to consult regarding my report finding with a general physician.

Here are the key findings of the report:
Diabetes Screen Blood & Blood Glucose (HBA1C & ABG) - Normal Values
HEMO Test (Blood) - all fine

Tests where I had values outside the normal range:
Microalbumin - Urine - 39.9 ug/ml (Normal value < 18 ug/ml)
Cholesterol Total - 229
Cholesterol HDL - 44
Cholesterol LDL - 140
Triglycerides - 217
SGOT - 92
SGPT - 171

Please provide the necessary guidance. Also, if its possible, I want to upload my reports in a softcopy so that you have my complete test results.

Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your complete report. You did it at good lab.

Your sugar, all blood component (all cells , folic acid, etc), haemoglobin are completely within normal limit. You are having hypothyroidism but presently you have good control on thyroid hormone so no need to worry.

Your microalbumin level may be due to any cause like exercise or any renal pathology, but is marginally elevated so it is not big deal.

Please tell me your body weight and your habits (Like drinking or smoking), as in obese person marginal elevation in LDL and Total Cholesterol is common. Regarding SGOT and SGPT are elevated means liver has high function, but GGT is within normal range so you are not having any liver problem.

Still it will better to have physical examination by consultant in addition to lab report. But there is no serious matter in your report.

Hope I have given proper answer to your query; feel free to ask anything else.

Thanking you.
Follow-up: Full body check up done. What does the value suggest? Is there any problem? 41 minutes later
Thanks for your response. My body weight is 69 Kgs. My Height is 5'4". I do not smoke and drink occasionally.

Regarding microalbumin level, do you suggest any follow-on test or you think its completely fine to ignore.

On LDL and Total Cholesterol level being elevated, what do you suggest to bring them back within normal levels.

Also, do you think based on these values, if I apply for a critical illness insurance policy, there could be a denial.

Thanks, looking forward to your advice.

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

Your body weight and height are proportional. For your cholesterol level start doing moderate daily exercise, and also avoid too oily or cheese/ghee diet.

Just ignore microalbumin level presently. Do follow up check of these limited tests after 1 month. One thing keep in mind stop exercise 5 days before doing these tests.

I think insurance company will not deny you on your report, you can carry on.

Hope you have got your answer.

Thanking you.