Friction blister on head of penis from masturbation. Neosporin not helping, not STD. What medication should I take?

Urologist
Question
Please help me. I have a friction blister near the head of my penis from masturbation. I have tried neosporin for a couple days but it is still itching and burning. I have already got checked for an STD and that came back negative. Can you please tell me what medicine I should use to speed up the healing process. I just want something that will ease the pain so that it will heal properly. It is not that big but still very irritating. Can you please tell me what I should use to cure this problem.

Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Dear,

It is very difficult to tell without having a look at the lesion regarding its etiology and treatment. I will certainly like to have a look at the picture of the lesion so I can advise you better.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

However, in the meantime, start applying clotrimazole ointment under the care of your general physician. This shall provide you with considerable pain relief and also help in healing of the lesion.

Hope to hear back from you soon.