Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urination, worms, cloudy urine, no medicine taken

Hello, I will do my best to explain my question. I live downstairs and due to my frequent urination, rather than go up stairs to the only restroom, and to avoid waking my roommates up, i use a clear container. The other day, well for the past 2 weeks. I either see worms, or something swimming in the container or its really cloudy. I also noticed that the cloudy urine settled and it appeared white. like salt at the bottom. I take no meds. I sometimes do not void my bladder completely. when i go to put it away sometimes i start again, I also noticed that the area just below the the testes if i push i can void more urine. Should I be concerned? I do not have health insurance and was recently laid off. thanks for your time sincerely XXXXXXX age 40
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

Thanks for query.

First of all it is important to know why you have increased frequency for urination.As you said sometimes you are not able to void completely and there is urge to pass urine even just after voiding.

You need to go for your physical examination and urine analysis first.There are possible reasons like,

1.urinary bladder,over active bladder
4.Some form of obstruction to the flow of urine
5.Infection in prostate gland.

The deposits that you are seeing in collected urine could be due to high sugar content,or casts means some tissue coming out urine due to infection or some other reason.

I can understand your position of not having insurance but in my opinion diagnosis is important .At least get a urine examination done and this will give some clue to the underlying problem.

In the mean time do not hold urine,have more of fluids,measure your blood pressure whenever you get a chance.Medicines at this stage can not be advised without proper diagnosis.

I hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up.