Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urination with bleeding. Any infection?

Dec 2012

I have passed a large fibrous blood clot from my bladder along with bleeding. I have had frequency of urine problems Off and on for a month with no pain or dis comfort on urination, but have noticed some blood when I go
To the bathroom, but didn't seem to be in the urine itself
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Obviously having a urinary tract problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description, I suspect 3 possible diseases that could have caused the above symptoms.
- complicated UTI
- Prostate disorder: benign prostate hypertrophy, prostate cancer but symptoms would have been with obstructive urination
- Bladder, ureteral and/or kidney stones
Given your age, you are susceptible on acquiring any of the 3 diseases.
Your situation is considered serious and you should see a urologist as soon as you can. It would not be advised to stay at home and expect symptoms to resolve. The cause has to be treated immediately after your doctor must have determined it.

Hope this helps and wish you the best. Please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Nsah