Frequent hairloss & dandruff since winter. Suggestion for remedy?

I have noticed frequency hairloss since winter and its still on can u pls suggest me some remedy , i have even have dandruff problem since winter
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

A relatively common cause of hair loss in females is thyroid dysfunction. This is something that your primary care doctor can evaluate by checking a simple blood test. Sometimes supplementation with thyroid hormone in this case will improve the hair loss significantly.

In addition sometimes a deficiency of vitamins may contribute to hair loss. Please evaluate your diet and make sure you are eating a well-balanced diet. In addition a multivitamin which contains trace amounts of many vitamins might be a good idea for you.

As far as a topical remedy you may consider using 3% minoxidil solution on your scalp twice daily. This can sometimes help limit any further hair loss and may encourage the growth of some new hair.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them here.

Dr. Robert