Found swelling and dry white patches in groin area. What is causing this?

Question
There is a swellen and dry white patches in my groin area.... What is the reason?
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello
Before answering your query I would need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to reply.
Is there any itching associated with these spots?
Is there any oozing from the spots?
Since when you are having them?
Have these patches grown in size since you noticed them?
Is there any urinary complaint?
Any history of unprotected sex?
Is your diabetes well controlled?
Waiting for your reply.
Thanks

Follow-up: Found swelling and dry white patches in groin area. What is causing this? 43 minutes later
No , there is no itching in that part but its paining.. there is no oozing.. I'm having this problem since morning by 9... it is grown little dry white in size... Frequent urine but there is no urinary problem... I'm single not yet married... my diabetic is fluctuating and the reading today morning in fasting is 131..... There is no problem yesterday but it is suddenly noticed in the morning today... What is the cause and y is the problem?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 59 minutes later
Hello
It seems you are fungal infection of the groin.
I controlled diabetes and warm and humid areas of body like groin are places where fungus can grow and thrive easily.
Please control your diabetes well and consult your doctor for the proper dose of insulin
For fungal infection you may use oint CANESTAN locally twice a day for two weeks followed by clotrimazole dusting powder after the bath.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Found swelling and dry white patches in groin area. What is causing this? 49 minutes later
I'm using candid b will it do better or i can use canestan oint? And is there any problem whether i have to consult a doctor or it will go of?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Hello
It is better to use plain CANDID instead of CANDID B.
Wait for 10 days and if you dont get any response,then consult a dermatologist.
Thanks