Found small lump under armpit. Should I consult a doctor?

I found a small lump that feels like a gland about 2 inches under my 5 yr old daughters armpit, it's about 2-3 inches over from her nipple and directly under the armpit. Should I go to our doctor?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 26 minutes later

Axillary lymph nodes more than 2cm needs to be evaluated.

Axillary lymph nodes drain area of hand, arm, lateral chest and anterior abdominal wall. Any infection in draining area can lead to lymph node enlargement.

Is there any fever?
Is there any papule or scratch XXXXXXX over hand or arm by cat as cat scratch is common cause of axillary lymphadenopathy?
Is there any history of recent immunization?

I suggest you to get your child examined by pediatrician; as physical examination is required to see the characters of swelling and overall clinical assessment.
Some tests such as complete blood count, ESR, CRP needs to be done to identify the cause.

I hope I have answered your query; let me know if you have any other query.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless!!