Found reddish eye and feeling difficulty to open eyes. Any suggestion?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
last few days in the morning,after i woke up,found my eyes turned reddish and also its difficult to open the eyes.My eyes got affected by the cold.Please suggest to how i can avoid cold to afeect my eyes?
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later

It seems that you are having infection in your eyes. Do you have discharge too from the eyes? Discharge from the eyes during night result in difficulty in opening your eyes in the morning as the eyes become sticky.

Wash your eyes with clean water three to four times a day. You can put Ciprofloxacin Eye drops in your eyes, one drop four to five times a day. Also take antihistamine tablet like cetrizine 10 mg once a day for cold.

You will get relief from your symptoms in a day or two. If the problem persists, contact your health provider.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.