Found purple mark on lower lip while brushing teeth. Had purple bumps on inside lips. Related?

I found a purple XXXXXXX on my lower lip when I was brushing my teeth this morning. Never noticed it before. On further thought, have had several very small purple bumps on inside lips for several years. Probably not related, but thought it worth mentioning. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. David Okia 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.

Do not worry, the purple XXXXXXX is normal. I remember doing tests for 3 patients who really thought it was problem and all results were negative. Based on this experience I just assure my clients who have purple XXXXXXX that its normal.

You can see dermatologist for more reassurance.

Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you need more clarifications.