Ask a Dentist   »  

Found lump on roof of mouth. Diagnosed with scar tissue. Should I get it removed?

had lump on roof of mouth after burning it...oral surgeon said it was scar tissue that formed...said if it bothers me i could get it yrs later, it is almost like it has healed but its a large piece of thick skin kind of it has loosened and become movable...should i go to oral surgeon again and get it removed, cos now it has become annoying
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 57 minutes later
hello there ,

Thanks for writing your query ,

After reading your history i suspect you have developed an ulceration or a lesion due to trauma to the palatal mucosa.

The mucosal tissue seems to be inflammed due to heat applied. exact diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination .

so I would suggest you to consult an oral surgeon and get the evaluation done, accordingly if it is a inflammed mucosal tissue, it can treated with topical applications or oral antiseptics.

If the lesion appears to be hanging from the palatal bone, the extended tissue can be surgically excised and sutured in position .

I hope this information helps you,

If you have further doubts , do write to me and I will get back to you .

Take care,

Regards ,
Dr, Farah Hussain.