Found hard lump on shaft of penis, not red or sore and no puss. What could it be?

Dec 2013

Hi I recently found a small hard lump on the shaft of my penis and am unsure to what it is
I noticed it on the saturday night while showering after soccer and thought maybe it could be sweat related ?
Its under the skin
about 1mm in diameter and about 3mm long
its not red or sore and there is no puss like an ingrown hair
i havnt had any sexual activity in about 2-3weeks however masturbate every now and then

hopefully this can help you determine what it is

Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 28 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare Magic.

My self Dr S K Kanodia and will try to provide you the best of information regarding your query.

According to yourself, there is bead like structure present on the shaft of penis without any symptoms of pain, itching and redness.

Now this is too early to make any close possible diagnosis from this short period of time. Even then after reading your short history I can make out the best possibility of "Over proliferation sweat or oil gland".

As you are a soccer player s there is always high tendency of sweating and oil secretion at this area. Along with friction by masturbation the oil or sweat gland get blocked and then it leads to small bead like structure. It is asymptomatic in nature.

There can be a second possibility of simple viral infection which either appear as pearl like and have central depression when fully formed or might be thorn like or pointed appearance when fully formed.

As per your description and short duration of the history, most commonly it is due to first cause of proliferation sweat or oil gland in my clinical experience. So kindly do not get panicky. Do not try to pinch pop or squeeze the area unnecessarily other wise it can increase in size or can get infected.

It would be better if you can upload a close picture of the bead over penis. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your further queries. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia".

Hope these informations will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)