Found elevated fasting glucose levels. How to control this level?

Mine morning fasting sugar level is around 120-130 when tested @home on a glucometer .
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Amit Rajput 10 hours later

Thank you for posting on XXXXXXX

You fasting glucose levels are clearly on the higher sides. Even though you might not be experiencing the symptoms, the intermittent rise in sugars cause damage to blood vessels to various organs leading to complications in a long run.

Considering your lifestyle and history you have provided, I'd recommend a visit to your nearest diabetologist. I'd recommend tablets like metformin after consultation of your doctor.

And on top of it, if either of your parents or siblings are diabetic, you have more reason to do so.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries, if any.