Ask a Urologist   »  

Found cyst in kidney. Urine test showed presence of blood and sugar. Should I be concerned?

hi i had a urine sample done recently because i was dignosed with a cyst in my left the urine sample they found traced of blood and sugar was done with a concerned should i be
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to the forum.
Simple renal cysts are common findings in scan and can be followed by doing scans yearly to look for enlargement.
Trace sugar in urine can be confirmed by doing blood test for glucose to rule out diabetes.
Urine microscopy is necessary if urine shows persistent trace of blood to confirm if there is blood in urine really.
So the next steps would be to do urine microscopy, blood for glucose asap and scan after one year.
Hope this helps,
Best regards