Found blood spots in cough. chest X-ray normal. Advice what test needs to be done?

ENT Specialist
Sir, I wanted who can do the oral cancer screening also i founf blood spots in cough. pls advice what teset needs to be done. Already done chest x XXXXXXX it is normal
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 43 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get an oral, neck examination and a video laryngoscopy done. If this is normal, the chance of an oral cancer going undetected is very low.

2. An Oral CDx Brush Test may be done, especially if any abnormal spots or areas are seen in the oral cavity and tongue.

3. You may also get an Onco-sure DR 70 Test done (Religare-SRL Labs). It is a blood test.

4. Blood stained sputum may also occur in normal individuals when the delicate lining and lymphoid tissue in the throat is sheared during violent coughing. Get the sputum examined for three consecutive days. Check for dental problems, Vitamin C deficiency (especially if you smoke), routine blood tests.

I must emphasize that cancer at your age is rare.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.