Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin of penis has become tighter and the veins thicker and red. Suggest medication

Hello Doctor, Since the past 1 week the foreskin of penis has become tighter as well the veins thicker & red. I am unable to pull the skin backwards & I feel my skin has shrunk, thereby making it painful to pull the skin backwards. Also the vein joining the foreskin to the tip of the penis has become sore & red causing pain. Also I feel itching under the foreskin, on the erogenous tip of the penis. The erogenous part has become red & I can also see a couple of red spots, boil sort of under the skin. Please suggest medication to get rid of this phenomenon.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible balanoposthitis.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Sore and redness of the foreskin associated with pain / tightness suggest the possibility of balanoposthitis. It is caused by infective conditions commonly. Non inflammatory condition is less likely. In all possibilities, this condition needs medical attention. You will need to consult an urologist for close examination and to exclude infections. As you plan to meet an urologist, I suggest you to avoid any sexual activity. Do not try to manipulate the foreskin. Apply a thin layer of moisturizer on the affected area to keep it clean, dry and less painful. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards
Follow-up: Foreskin of penis has become tighter and the veins thicker and red. Suggest medication 13 minutes later
Hello Doctor, Is there any ointment I can apply? Can I apply abzorb powder ? Would applying Neosporin gel be of any help ? Regards
Answered by Dr. Prasad 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use simple mositurizer or just petroleum jelly... Detailed Answer: Hi, I wouldn't recommend you to cover the area with neosporin. You may use moisturizer or just simple petroleum jelly on the affected area and plan to visit an urologist. The soreness, redness and tightness shouldn't be neglected. Consult an urologist for close physical examination. Hope this helps. Regards