Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin of penis attached to the glans on one side, on the underside of penis. Surgical removal required?

Hi, I am 31. The foreskin on my penis is still attached to the gland on one side.. the downside of the penis...Whats should I do? Do I need to detach it surgically.. Any other way? Thankyou...
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Foreskin attached to one side of the glans can sometimes cause difficulty while retracting it. This can cause discomfort / pain during sexual condition. The attached skin (skin bridge) is called frenulum. If you have difficult to retract the foreskin, the condition is referred to as 'phimosis'.

So, depending upon whether it is tight frenulum or phimosis you may need frenuloplasty or circumcision.

Most often the condition is present since birth. It can develop later due to infection; as infection can result in adhesion. A clinical examination would help in giving a precise diagnosis.

For any of the condition medications usually do not help and surgery is usually recommended.

Kindly visit a surgeon for physical examination and further guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.