Fluttering on right side. Intestinal or bowel related?

i have tons of fluttering in my right side; not painful though. my doc told me it could be intestinal/bowel related? does that sound accurate?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

The fluttering sound you hear and feel in your abdomen is because of mixture of gases that are byproducts of the digestion process of human beings. The mixture of gases is known as flatus, informally as a fart, or simply gas, and the process to expel it is colloquially referred to as "passing gas", "breaking wind" or "farting".

Flatus moves in the abdomen because of peristaltic process. Peristalsis is the contraction of smooth muscles in abdomen to propel contents forward through the digestive tract.

Anything that causes food to be incompletely digested by the stomach and/or small intestine may cause flatulence when the material arrives in the large intestine, due to fermentation process in the gastrointestinal tract.

It is not harmful and generally does not require any treatment.