Fluctuation in the IGF1 levels. Should I be concerned?

My igf 1 levels are at 237. when I took the test 2 weeks ago it was at 234. Very nervous about this. I have been on test replacement for about a year 2 weeks ago the levels were at 1166 and my doctor told me to get off for a week and the latest test came back at 497. I have been reading about igf 1 high levels and i am concerned. your advise and thoughts please. I still have not received a response to my question yesterday
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Variation is not serious

Detailed Answer:

My sincere apologies for a delayed answer.

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Endocrinology, working with an experienced Endocrinologist. I answer on his behalf as he is busy.

Need not worry such small fluctuation in the IGF1 levels is normal. Though there is usually no considerable variation of the levels in the same day it is normal to see the values fluctuate over two weeks time.

Also the difference is too less and negligible. Hence, the variation need not be considered serious.

I would be concerned about the Testosterone replacement as the values are dropping and may continue to drop if you are off hereon. Do discuss with your doctor and start it back on.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Fluctuation in the IGF1 levels. Should I be concerned? 10 hours later
I did not mention that I am 50 years old. The doctors have told me the IGF 1 levels are high for my age. your thoughts
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Considering the age I would agree that the values are high but by a narrow range. The recommended levels for that age would be less than 220. I would consider safe as the variation is too negligible and may arise no complication if other associated conditions are ruled out.