Floaters in the eye, dry eyes, excessive thirst. Taking tetralysal. Causes?

I take 2 tetralysal per day. I run about 4 miles per day. I have recently got more floaters than usual in both eyes. I feel quite thirsty in the evening and can find myself drinking 4 glasses of water. my eyes also feel quite dry
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Tetralysal is associated with side effects like vision disturbances and nausea, diarrhea and increased fluid loss from the body. Your symptoms might be due to the effect of medicine you are taking. If the side effects are well tolerable and are not compromising your lifestyle then you may continue taking the drug with plenty of fluids orally. You can use artificial tear drops in your eyes every two hourly to avoid seeing the floaters.
If these measures do not help then you can ask your dermatologist to change the antibiotic to another one.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.