Flesh-colored bumps all over body, no itching, filled with thick, waxy substance. What is this and how can I get rid of them?

I have small flesh colored bumps all over my body. They don't itch and they have no color but they are filled with a thick waxy substance. What is this from and how can I get rid of them?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 8 hours later
I went through your history. You seem to have multiple lipomas. This is a benign swelling arising from fatty tissue. There are no symptoms associated with it.
There are no medications. Only treatment is surgical removal. But all can not be excised as you will land up in too many scars.
So normally I adve ice my patients to get it removed only if
A) increase in size
B) if there is pain
We dermatologists remove it by means of punch excision which results in minimal scar
I hope I am clear
Have a healthy day
Prasad pvs