Flesh-colored bump on lip, no bleeding. Doctor wants second opinion on sample. Worried

Hi. I had a small flesh colored bump on my lip for about 2-3 years. my dermatologist never made an issue of it. several weeks ago, it grew a bit (cone-shaped). I was picking on it. a few days later it started to bleed. it bled only once. since then, i have seen the dermatologist who shaved it off and sent for analysis. the lip now looks fine. no bump. no bleeding. no itching, i.e.nothing. the doctor said that he would be surprised if it was cancer. the doc's office called last week asking for my permission to send the sample for a second opinon bcs they do not know what to call it. results will be available early next week. i am really worried.
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
If the bump looks like cancer, it is usualy one the 3 skin cancers, which is not usually difficult to diagnose.
I think, the way things are heading to, it is most probably a rare non cancerous skin lesion and thats why the doubt has arisen.
It is always wise to have a second opinion is this situation.
Relax for a while till we get the final.
Kindly get back for doubts if any.,
Follow-up: Flesh-colored bump on lip, no bleeding. Doctor wants second opinion on sample. Worried 13 hours later
Thank you. Cross fingers averything will be fine.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It would of interest to know what it is, can u keep me informed?
thanks and regards