Finished augmentin for strep b. Having mouth ulcer and fever. Am I having any cancer?

I just finished Augmentin for strep b. I had the strep b for about 4-5 weeks because the doctor was hesitant to give me an antibiotic before they knew it was strep b, then the first antibiotic (omnicef) didn't get rid of it totally, so I was given augmentin. The strep b has appeared to stay gone. I had 99 degree fever throughout the strep b, but it went away when I started the augmentin. Now, I have a mouth ulcer inside my right cheek and my 99 degree fever has returned. What I'm wanting to know is if you think this fever is coming from the ulcer? I've been driving myself and my mom crazy thinking I have leukemia or lymphoma or some other kind of cancer. Can you give me some sort of piece of mind? My fever has never been above 99.1
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 54 minutes later
I think the cause of your fever is not Strep.B now because the infection almost always resolves with usual doses of augmentin.
Offcourse it could have caused the fever earlier.
The cause of fever now seems the inflamation related to the oral ulcer.
A good oral hygiene is all that is required.
Brush the teeth twice a day- do chlorhexidine gargles- do not take anything orally for following 2 hours for a week.
Before meals and immediately after meals you can apply ZYTEE Lotion or any OTC Preparation of glycerine and lignocaine if pain is an issue.
Your concern of Leukemia/Lymphoma appears unreasonable because they cause multiple oral ulcers and not only one.
Get CBC and peripheral blood smear to reasonably rule out leukemia.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.