Finger tips and toes swollen, sore and red from smoking ice. Why is it getting worse?

my finger tips and toes are swallen sore and red from smoking ice. its been getting worse last few days
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Ice,Crystal meth, meth, speed, crank and tweak are the common street names given to methamphetamine. Crystal meth is a highly addictive stimulant drug that affects the central nervous system (CNS) and is illegal in the Australia. Smoking crystal meth causes several harmful effects on the body and mind.
Although there are innumerable side effects on entire body,I will restrict myself to skin problems only.
Since the blood flow to the peripheral capillaries is slowed because of constriction of small vessels, people experience soreness and redness at the tips of fingers and toes.
Skin lesions are another effect from smoking crystal meth. The drug's effect on the CNS causes hallucinations which lead the methamphetamine user to believe there are bugs crawling underneath or on top of the skin. This is often referred to as "crank bug XXXXXXX Crystal meth users may continuously scratch or pick at the skin, attempting to rid the skin of the "bugs XXXXXXX which causes open sores on the skin that can lead to infections.
You must stop the use of ICE as early as possible to avoid future complications.
Since you are using it for few months only,it may be relatively easy for you as compared to others.

Although Federal and state laws of Australia provide  penalties for possessing, using, making, selling or driving under the  influence of ice,Some states and territories have programs  that refer people with a drug problem to treatment programs where they  can receive help rather than going through the criminal justice system.
 Australia's national drug policy is based on harm minimisation. Strategies to minimise harm include encouraging people to avoid using a drug through to helping people to reduce the risk of harm if they do use a drug. It aims to reduce all types of drug-related harm to both the individual and the community.

I strongly advise you to take the help of de addiction program before it is too late.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Finger tips and toes swollen, sore and red from smoking ice. Why is it getting worse? 11 hours later
so why are my friends not getting this problem when we are using the same amounts. and what will happen if i dont stop and it gets worse
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
There are plenty of side effects of using ICE and all the people using ICE don't get all the symptoms.Different people have different symptoms and on different doses.Long-term effects

The long-term health effects of ice use include:

malnutrition and rapid weight
chronic sleeping problems
reduced immunity and increased susceptibility to infections
cracked teeth and other dental problems 
high blood pressure and rapid and irregular heartbeat, which places stress on the heart and can increase the risk of heart-related complications such as heart attack and heart failure
increased strain on the kidneys, which can result in kidney failure
increased risk of stroke
depression, anxiety, tension and paranoia
brain damage: there is some evidence that ice can damage brain cells, resulting in reduced memory function and other impairments in thinking etc