Finger feels tingling when use mouse What is happening? Remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
When I use mouse, my finger feels tingling. Why is this happening and what is the remedy?
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 9 hours later

Thanks for writing in,

Seems you are suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome. In this syndrome the thumb, index and middle finger starts tingling or become numb. This is due to compression of a nerve at wrist. Reason is abnormal pressure over the wrist. I would suggest you to get yourself examined by your doctor. Your doctor will examine you clinically and if needed he might order for a Xray +/- steroids / neurotonics / splints to hasten the recovery. If the compression is severe enough, then surgical decompression of the nerve is the treatment.

Discuss with your doctor. Hope i have answered your query. Feel free to ask your doubts if any.

Get well soon.