Finding it hard to regain strength in arm after surgery. Started aerobics. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
following surgery x2 I am finding it hard to regain strength in my arm.Iattend physio sessions and do all the exercises 4 times each day.As well I have just started aqua aerobics twice per week.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 31 minutes later
After any major surgery, it takes at least 4-6 months to regain the full strength and range of movement with the help of regular physiotherapy. If there is no pain and swelling in the arm then there is nothing to worry.
In case it has been more than 6 months after the surgery then you need to rule out any nerve related injury after a nerve conduction test. Consulting a neurologist for a proper evaluation is recommended.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.