Fever,excessive sweating,high blood pressure,head ache,fatigue,dehydration,hypothyroidism,hysterectomy

I have not been feeling well: many periods of instantanious body temp increases with excessive sweating. I usually am drenched within 2 minutes. High blood pressure 172/94 ( am taking Lisinopril 20 mg), severe headaches, and a feeling of exhaustion and feeling faint. Have had many attacks of excessive vomiting resulting in dehydration and shock with subsequent hospitalizations and emergency trips x 11 in the last year. I am autoimmune and have hypothyroid . Have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme, Fibromyalgia, CFS, Menier's. Had cholesystectomy and hysterectomy. Age 68, 5ft3", 150 lbs.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 4 hours later

You have mentioned that you have been diagnosed with chronic Lymes, Fibromyalgia, CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Meniere's, hypothyroidism.
Currently you are having rise in body temp with sweating.

Firs of all, I would advice you to monitor you temperature. If it is documented to be more than 99 deg F during these episodes, we can say its fever. If however, your temperature is normal, your symptoms is unlikely to be related to any infection.

Intermittent Sweating, elevated BP and headaches, exhaustion can be related to hormonal disturbances. You are 68 years and are well beyond menopausal age.
The only other possibility which needs to be ruled out is Pheochromocytoma. This is a condition in which there is liberation of adrenaline from adrenaline gland lesion in excess of normal requirement. Such release is associated with systemic symptoms most of them which match yours.

There are multitude of your symptoms which is difficult to fit in one specific diagnosis.
You must consult your physician and get your self evaluate to rule out any infection in body.
A routine test will be required to assess any infection or underlying cause.

Hope this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran