Fever, stomach ache, headache, sore tongue with white spots

My 2.5 yr old has fever, stomach ache, headache, sore tounge with white dots, and bottom is sore with red dots
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The symptoms in your child are suggestive of a generalized infection may be due to a viral or bacterial infection. If there is no associated sore throat or cold or signs of infection anywhere in the body then taking tylenol and giving her a good supportive treatment will help in controlling the viral infection in 3-5 days.The minor localized red dots may be due to allergic rashes or dryness of the tongue and bottom due to fever.
In case there are any rashes on her body, a physical examination by her pediatrician will be helpful.
Usually such viral infections resolve spontaneously in 3-5 days time. If they worsen, then she needs appropriate antibiotics. You need to monitor her for any high grade fever, pain in swallowing, loss of interest in food, vomiting, etc in which case an immediate medical help is needed.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.