Fever, headache, pain near parotid, sweating. Have primary sjogren, lupus, arthritis, swollen parotid glands. Are the symptoms related to sjogren or lymphoma?

Oncologist, Surgical
Question
I have primary sjogren , lupus diabetes and arthritis. I am a 43 year old female and both my parents died of cancer - father colon and mother breast. For the past 3 years my parotid gland has started swelling and I have started sweating at nights, itchy skin with rash,headaches,severe pain in left cheek ear near swollen parotid and low grade fever. My rheumy ordered MRI but he feels it could be a mass since he could not feel lymph node. I had a 9 mm lymph node which my ENT said could not be FNA Ed because its too close to nerve so I waited. I have appointment with my ENT on Tuesday. My question is - are my symptons related to sjogren or lymphoma?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Lymphoma

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 13 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Partoid enlargement commonly occurs in Sjogren and is accompanied with pain as well but long standing cases of Sjogren are also prone to developing lymphomas. Your symptoms of fever, night sweats also point towards a lymphoma and it should be ruled out by a FNAC.
In FNAC a very fine needle is used and that does not lead to nerve injury. Sometimes FNAC is inconclusive and in that case you would require a lymph node biopsy (which can be done under local anesthesia) to clinch the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to clarify any other query.

Follow-up: Fever, headache, pain near parotid, sweating. Have primary sjogren, lupus, arthritis, swollen parotid glands. Are the symptoms related to sjogren or lymphoma? 41 minutes later
Thank you so much Doctor . I really appreciate your advice and help. I am meeting dr XXXXXXX Henriek ENT at palo alto medical foundation on Tuesday and will probably take your guidance again once my MRI / Biopsy results are out.

Kind regards,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

You are welcome. Do keep me updated about the results.

Hoping for the best.