Fever, headache, high bp. Blood, uine test done. Suggest treatment

i had fever on dated 22/03/2013 to 25/003/2013, today i have given my blood & urine for routine check up.. in that i find s.g.p.t. 87 U/L and fasting blood sugar 118 mg% other reports are normal... please give suggestion for the same.MY BP IS ALSO HIGH TODAY 144/80.I ALSO SUFFERING FROM HEADACHE FROM LAST 6 MONTHS MY LOCAL FAMILY DR SUGGEST FOR SOME REPORTS THAT IS PPBS, GHB, LFT
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 27 minutes later
Thanks for the query,
I understand your concern

The mildly elevated SGPT and blood glucose can be seen in patients with fever. You may repeat these tests after 6 weeks. Please do not worry, these are normal and could be be related to febrile illness.

Your headache could be due to many causes like migraine, tension headache, brain infection/tumor/bleed etc. You need evaluation with a neurologist who will help you through investigations also. If the scans are normal, You may benefit with medications like amitriptiline, propranolol, topiramate etc along with rest, relaxation, regular food/sleep habit

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me in case you have any concern

Best wishes
Dr Gopal K Dash MD, DM, Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist and Epilepsy specialist XXXXXXX Hrudayalaya Hospital, Bangalore
My Blog in the Web site: