Felt swollen gland in groin area after intercourse. Worried for HIV or STD

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi I slept with this girl about 3 weeks ago and I was told she had slept with a lot of guys I have felt a bit worried because I think I have swallen glands in my Grond I am worried about hiv and other stds
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
Did you use protection?
If not, it is usual that people are worried and anxious after such happenings, but there is no purpose about thinking of the worst. There is a possibility that some of STD was transmissed,and swollen glands can be sign of it so the best way to rule this out is to do swab tests,some other symptoms are burning pain while urinating and pusy discharge HIV is mcuh less possible and it wouldnt have any symptom, it can be detectable 6-8 weeks after intercourse so I suggest to do testing after that period.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"