Felt painful bump under collar bone. No redness or color change. What could it be?

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, i woke up this morning and felt a bump under my left collar bone. Its not hard or mobile. But there is little pain when pressure is put on it and when i move my left backwards it feel as of its sore. I think its about 2 cm or less. There is no redness ir skin color change. I am curious of what it is. Please help
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

You mentioned that you noted the swelling only today morning. Did you have a fall or any injury? The possible causes can be:
1. Swelling of the underlying muscle.
2. Swelling of a lymph node.
3. Injury to the collar bone.
I suggest that you take a pain killer, say acetaminophen, and observe. In case the swelling and pain persists it is advisable to show to a doctor who will examine you and advise you accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you an early recovery.

RKK

Follow-up: Felt painful bump under collar bone. No redness or color change. What could it be? 1 hour later
No i have not fallen. But my left breast felt sore that night and a little bit today because my friend and i were fooling around in gym and carried me the wrong way. Sometimes i would feel a small soft bump on or by my left breast but im not too sure
Swelling? I believe its more like pressure that is put upon it that it hurts and during school i would miss lunch or just eat cookies. Im concerned if that has to do with the bump

Thank you for the update.

You mentioned that your left breast felt sore after the gym with your friend. Most probably you have injured the soft tissues which is giving rise to this swelling under the collar bone. I suggest that you have pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen three to four times a day which should give relief.

It is always better to get an examination of the breast done by your doctor. This shall rule out any swelling in the breast.

I hope I have addressed your concerns to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications.

Wishing you all the best.

RKK

Follow-up: Felt painful bump under collar bone. No redness or color change. What could it be? 7 hours later
Ok thank you. Appreciate it

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 34 minutes later

Thank you for your kind words.

In case you intend closing this query then do provide your feedback on the advice.

Wishing you all the best.

RKK

Follow-up: Felt painful bump under collar bone. No redness or color change. What could it be? 9 hours later
I have another question. My partner had on i believe thin pajama bottoms and i did too with underwear. He didnt insert his penis was just rubbed against me. But he ejaculated i think on or by my vaginal area. I was wondering if it is possible to get pregnant that way and if its a high or low chance.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 3 hours later

Thank you for the query.

By the description given by you it is very unlikely that you will get pregnant.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best.

RKK

Follow-up: Felt painful bump under collar bone. No redness or color change. What could it be? 2 minutes later
Oohh, Even if his ejaculation was on my thin pajama pants. The sperm would still not be able to impregnant me?
On or near the vaginal area

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 24 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

For pregnancy to take place the sperm should fertilize the ovum. Ovulation takes place approximately 14 days before the next menstrual period.

In your case ejaculation did not take place in the vagina and secondly we do not know your menstrual status. Unless the sperms travel to the uterus from the vagina the chances of fertilization are not there.

I suggest that you should relax.

Hope the swelling below the collar bone is better now.

RKK

Follow-up: Felt painful bump under collar bone. No redness or color change. What could it be? 4 minutes later
Okay thank you so much again and it has a little bit i went to the doctor. Thank you for answering my questions, much appreciated doctor. Have a goodnight

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 8 minutes later

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to be of some help to you.

With best wishes,

RKK