Felt a dull pain on heart while running. Feeling dizzy, tired and shortness of breath. What to do?

when running yesterday and felt a dull pain on left side of heart. when i bend down i feel it worst, had to sleep on my right side all night and still have this feeling now.I do have a heart mummer on left venticule from birth. i do not have shortness of breath or feel dizzy. Just tired. should i go to my cardo doc for this.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence. You have blood pressure and congenital heart disease. Before giving a final opinion what kind of congenital heart disease you have? Is it bicuspid aortic valve with mild regurgitation or Atrial or small ventricular septal defect? There are different precautions and treatment options for that your age. Secondly what drugs you are taking for hypertension. I would recommend till we settle these issues any symptoms like you had yesterday ought not to be ignored. Take rest. Reply to this mail and I will respond within hours of your replying and we start from there. Good Luck.

Looking forward to hear from you. Do reply even if details are not known as it often happens in diseases which are present from birth.

With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Felt a dull pain on heart while running. Feeling dizzy, tired and shortness of breath. What to do? 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX i have bp of 110/70 to 111/80
My condition is left heart.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 8 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Mitral Valve Prolapse without leakage of valve that is mitral regurgitation is not an illness and should not be described as such. You are normal as far as the story of congenital heart disease is concerned. You have no hypertension.

Yes the symptoms you had described at your age merits a doctors consultation who would thoroughly examine you and may be do an ECG and Tread Mill Test so that one can find out whether you have coronary artery disease or any risk associated with exercise. If everything is normal then balanced diet and exercise will help you XXXXXXX cardiologist always as a friend not as a patient. Good Luck
Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover