Felt a dull pain on heart while running. Feeling dizzy, tired and shortness of breath. Should I consult cardiologist?

Sep 2012

when running yesterday and felt a dull pain on left side of heart. when i bend down i feel it worst, had to sleep on my right side all night and still have this feeling now.I do have a heart mummer on left venticule from birth. i do not have shortness of breath or feel dizzy. Just tired. should i go to my cardo doc for this.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Firstly, if sleeping on right side decreases the pain then, it is definitely not a cardiac problem. Rather it indicates to musculoskeletal problem, but as you have a congenital murmur, just make sure that it is not the aggravation of previous condition.

For this, you have to visit cardiologist. Do an ECG, and if indicated an Echocardiogram. These will give a clear picture of what is happening. If there is a new disease condition relating to heart that can be detected as well with these.

Hope you have got your answer. Do let me know if you have more concerns.