Felling dizzy, heart racing and tingling tongue, more in the morning. What could be the cause?

felling dizzy, heart racing and tingling tongue .happens a lot in the mornings. it doesn't happen everyday but a lot more lately.feeling fatigue.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 59 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Dizziness, high pulse rate is one of the primary compensatory physiological mechanisms of the body when the Blood Pressure drops due to a presumed cause. And this hypotension occurring especially only during morning times - more specifically when getting up from the bed is medically termed as postural hypotension.

You first need a physician consult for a good 3 reading BP check to ascertain the status well. Along with other general body check up.

Tingling tongue can be due to many reasons - generally due to water soluble vitamin deficiencies involving the B vitamin group to begin with. Many other reasons exist but, this would be best correlated with such common causes first by your physician and then see if any other notable diagnosis can be reached after a clinical exam.

Fatigue that you also seem to be troubled with, would best fit the description of this vitamin issue for in my practice before I suspect any more reasons as to the cause of your postural hypotension.

I would advise, the above as stated - and meanwhile take some good time whilst you wake up from the bed in the morning times - to first lie 45 degrees with some 2/3 pillows towards the head end and then sit on bed with legs crossed and then slowly standing up after a good 10-15 minutes. Have a watch on your fluids in your diet and best be good on them - plenty of water intake. Also have your diet history ready lest you be below average for consumption of greens.

You may need some tests like Complete Blood test, or specific tests to find out Hemoglobin, B12 levels as may be necessitated by the physician. Because anemia is another common cause that needs to be ruled out.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.