Fell on concrete. Developed blood filled large bubble on forearm. Should I be concerned?

Hi there, my mom a couple of days ago fell on concrete and now have a large bubble on her forearm that fill with blood we have drained it and din infected it for two days now and it still re appears full of blood should we be concerned she is in her 60s. Thank you for your help
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
You mother needs expert medical help as soon as possible.She may have developed an abscess on the affected site.She needs to have it surgically drained and may need higher grade antibiotics to combat infection.Also some blood tests needs to be done so that signs of infections and any bleeding/clotting disorders can be spotted.I suggest that she be hospitalised if necessary and the intravenous antibiotics may need to be given if the infection is severe.