Fell down on lower back. X-ray showed clear. Having pain in tailbone and light menstrual flow. Concerned

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I fell onto my lower back a couple of days ago, I have had an x-ray and nothing is broken but very painful central low pack near tailbone, hurst when I use my bowels and have started having a light menstrual flow but I am not due for another 3 weeks.Sorry, noticed some typo errors. should have said back not pack!! and hurts not hursts!!
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

You might having soft tissue injury to your lower back and coccygeal region as in x-ray no fracture is noted.

During defecation you might be having some strain to the injured soft tissue that causes pain.

Light menstrual flow can occur due to strain over coccygeal region.

You have to take bed rest, avoid forward bending, taking anti inflammatory drugs & muscle relaxant. You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.