Fell down from stairs. Bruise appeared across ribs, breathing difficulty. Damage to pancreas, broken ribs?

Hi, I recently fell on some wooden stairs resulting in a 10-in hematoma on my left thigh, brusing across my left side about the navel level, and severe brusing across my bottpm two ribs across to my xyzoifoid process' Breathing is difficult. My stomach seems distended on my left side. I have no desire to eat but I am producing large amounts of gas and diareigh. Could I have damaged my pancrease and broken some ribs? Should I see a doctor or just go to the ER? Its been 10 days and I am not getting any better. Any suggestions for this 59 year old male with hypertension?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 53 minutes later
Looks like you have been hurt badly. Possible that you could have broken your ribs with the pain you have. Damaging of pancreas is rare, and would cause severe unbearable pain. You should visit a doctor at the earliest. It is also worthwhile getting an x XXXXXXX chest and abdominal sonography done, to look for XXXXXXX trauma and broken ribs.

In addition, if you are taking blood thinners like aspirin then it could have aggravated the size of hematoma and bruise. However, I think you can continue them now since it is already 10 days.
Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery.