Fell down and twisted foot. Foot is not working through brain signals, cannot walk without foot strip

Hello doctor
I am XXXXXXX from Bhopal and my age is 35 year old. Past month, when I went to a morning walk my foot is twisted and I fell down. After this incident I was consulting one of Orthopaedic and Neuro physician in Bhopal. According to doctor my foot is not proper working through the brain signals. With the help of foot strip i am able to walk without it my foot is not proper work and twisted . Please see my report in attachment . sir I want to know how much time is require for proper foot working and what is the tratment
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 42 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

According to the reports that you provided , the doctor has diagnosed you with severe axonopathy affecting the right common peroneal nerve.

Axonapathy- axons are basically nerve fibers, axonopathy implies that the there is a condition affecting the axons or nerve fibers of peripheral nerves (these are nerves not present in the brain and spinal cord).

The peroneal nerve is one of the nerves in the leg. It provides movement and sensation to the leg, foot and toes.

Recovery from severe axonopathy affecting the peroneal nerve can take a varied amount of time.
Treatment involves (1)physiotherapy- these exercises are very important to regain function and to prevent the muscles from weakening. Daily stretching would also prevent the muscles from contracting
(2)stimulation as part of the physio treatment,
(3)treatment of pain if present with oral medications, topical ointments, application of heat or cold
(4), surgery if the nerve is compressed.

It can take months for the nerve to recover. In general it can take 3 to 6 months for recovery to occur.

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions