Fell down and injured. Having two ruptured discs, fractured sacrum and broken tail bone. Suggest treatment

Sept 30th, I had a huge fall, flat on my back from 4' with lots of force. I have 2 ruptured discs,fractured sacrum & broken tailbone. I have no insurance. The hospital did nothing. I have had one procedure w/ 2 epidurals to buy me time for a surgeon. I cannot feel my bladder at all and now it feels 30 days later like someone went bowling into my pelvis. I am 51 F 5'4" 125 lb.If I try for a short time to lay on my right side, I will get surges of adrenaline throughout the pelvic area. It feels like fear or like when you are falling?Elevator? There is still a huge temp difference from R leg that left? I lose bowel control 50%? Scared, in pain. Frustrated. help
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Pain control immobilzation, prevention of emboli, Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is very clear that you certainly incurred damage to the nervous system. A complete neurological evaluation is very compelling in this case. X rays, CT scan and MRI scans shall complete the complete neurological evaluation and guide treatment options. I do understand what it means to feel as such. However, other conservative treatment options do exist and can be applied as you wait to see a surgeon. It is important to maintain a fixed position of the spine, to avoid further nervous damage. Immobilization reduces pain on its own. Steroids from the very start of the symptoms would have been very helpful to improve outcomes. Analgesics, depending on the intensity of the pian now could be of utmost help. Considering the fact that you might remain immobilized for some time, it is important for your family doctor to consider including frequent mobilization and changes in body position as well as including Low molecular weight heparin in your treatment. These measures shall aid in reducing the risk of emboli or clot formation, that can easily move to the lungs and cause serious damage (pulmonary emboli). The main stay of treatment now is immobilization of spine, adequate pain control, consider steroid used based on clinical evaluation, mobilization and change of position in bed to avoid bed sores and risk of emboli as You seek to XXXXXXX the neurosurgeon. thanks and hope this helps. Feel free asking any specific questions for clarification. I would be glad in making you feel better. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Rogers