Fell down. Getting pain in foot with no swelling. Blood test done. Sign of fracture?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My daughter is 8 year old. She suffered injury on right foot (fell down) wearing high heeled shoe. She still complains pain in foot and sometimes limps after one half month, no swelling, no fever. Her X XXXXXXX is normal no sign of fracture. Orthopedic suggested blood test and mantoux test. Mantoux was found to be negative. Her ESR value is 21, which is slightly on higher side WBC 0000, and eosinophil 6%.
Doctor now suggest to get MRI done. Child is quite healthy normal , no fever , . What does this suggest . She was given brufen for pain. Does brufen increase ESR count??
can anyone advise me??
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 46 minutes later
The persistent pain and limping during walking one and a half months after the injury is suggestive of a ligament injury or a bone bruise. These minor problems can often be painful if proper rest is not provided to the affected area and can be diagnosed only after a MRI scan.
Taking pain killers like ibuprofen is not likely to cause an increase in ESR. The mild rise in the ESR can be suggestive of an ongoing inflammatory process which can be detected after MRI scan. You can start her with calcium and vitamin D 3 supplements to decrease any bone pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Fell down. Getting pain in foot with no swelling. Blood test done. Sign of fracture? 10 minutes later
Thanks for the valuable reply and suggestion . We will get MRI done. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 minutes later
You are welcome.
Please keep me informed regarding the progress.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.

Warm regards
Follow-up: Fell down. Getting pain in foot with no swelling. Blood test done. Sign of fracture? 27 minutes later
What could be line of treatment if it is ligament injury. I will be grateful for your reply i will defiantly put my friends who have similar or other ortho problem
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 minutes later
If it is a ligament injury then adequate immobilization and using an elastic ankle brace will help her. Infection also needs to be ruled out. In case the joint shows inflammatory changes then anti inflammatory medicines and antibiotics may be needed for a complete relief.