Feels like knot in throat and have bubbling sensation. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
i have something that feels like a knot in my throat , internet refers to gourd, what can I take to get releif , this sensation of a bubble comes and goes. Had problems for the last four days. any recommendations
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acid reflux. USG to rule out hiatus hernia.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. These are symptoms of acid reflux.

2. Request your physician to prescribe an anti-reflux medication. This usually consists of a proton pump inhibitor (such as omeprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole), a gastric motility enhancer (such as domperidone , levosulpiride) and an antacid, anti-flatulent such as Mucaine Gel or Gelucil/ Digene.

3. The antacid is for shrt term relief; the anti-reflux medication should be taken regularly for 8 to 12 weeks.

4. A probiotic will help. Lifestyle and diet changes will also help.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.