Feels like food in windpipe. Not cured by gargling. How to clear the throat?

ENT Specialist
Question
It feels like I have some food in my windpipe or trachea... can sense it when I swallow. Felt it last night when before going to bed, but can't seem to clear it with coughing now in the middle of the night. Have gargled warm salt water and drank warm liquid.. still there... what can I do to clear my throat of this?
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 27 minutes later
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
On the basis of information provided it appears that you may be suffering from one of these conditione
1. a infection (viral or bacterial) or
2. allergy of pharynx/throat
3. Reflux of gastic contents in food pipe
4. Allergy or infection of nose or sinuses
5. Infection of Chest

I would advise you to get a ENT consultation and a chest physician consultation to find out the cause. You may require a Chest X XXXXXX, Sinus Xray and blood tests to come to the diagnosis. There can be some relief in symptoms with a mucolytic and a antiallergic drug but consultation is the best option.

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if your need more information about it

With warm regards

Ravinder Sharma