Feels drowsy, dizziness and heavy head. Stool test showed blood in stool. Blood test, colonoscopy and endoscopy normal. Suggest?

Hi Doctor,
My husband has a problem. He feels drowsy, dizziness and heavy head.
He has his blood reports, stool reports done. His blood report is good but in stool report, it is said that there is little amt of blood in stool. He got Endoscopy and colonoscopy done and those tests didnt give him any reasons for blood.

Could you suggest what might be the problem and whom to contact?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prasad 23 hours later

I understand you are concerned with your husband's reports. However a few things aren't clear here. I would like you to clarify those to me.

1. Drowsy, dizziness and heavy head may be related to multiple clinical conditions. Infection, metabolic, hormonal disturbances and psychological factors may be the causes. Can you specify the duration of symptoms? How these symptoms are affecting his daily activities? The nature of job? and any other details which you feel might be useful.

2. Stool test is not routinely performed unless there is an indication. May I know why the stool test was ordered. You mentioned the report revealed little amount of blood - how little? If you have the reports, please upload them here using the site's uploader provided on this page. Alternatively you cam mail the reports to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn: Dr. Prasad"

Awaiting your reply....