Feeling weird after quitting losartan. What should I do?

Hello, I have been taking Losartan for four years. I quit taking it one week ago because my blood pressure is getting better. 120/81/84 ., in the mornings. trying to get private pilots license. Got on medication because Im 20 lbs overweight and death of my father. I quit taking Zoloft about 6 months ago. I feel a little weird, but am hanging in there. I don't want to be on any medications. Started healthy diet, fruits and vegetables, stopped energy drinks and caffeine. Am I going to be ok if I continue good diet and exercise? Will taking Losartan, Zoloft, and Zanax exclude me from passing a medical exam, needed to start my flying lessons? I am not on any medications. Should I get back on losartan? Thank you!
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need some time before taking flying lessons Detailed Answer: Hi, In my opinion you just need to wait before your body responds to the changes made. I have seen withdrawing losartan has rebound hypertension in many. You 'may be' an exception. Hence you got to wait for at least three months to check if the BP is not fluctuating and under control (<130/80), If that is ok to wait. Since you started to live natural be with it. I appreciate these changes as well. Keep monitoring your blood pressure and let others observe how do you adjust without zoloft and xanax before going to the licensing test. Medical team will evaluate your general and psychological health along with medication history. They may mark you if you are on these medication as these medications are potentially soporific and that does not fit for flying while under influence. Though I personally have no experience in examining such students, quite often done by aviation specialists. Hope this answers your query.